Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Paddle


This morning I went down to the Club on the Woranora River for my first paddle in the Flyer.

After a few questions about the kayak from other members I was out on the water. After about 10 minutes it was decided that the rudder pedal need adjusting. Back to shore and whilst being asked more questions as I did the adjustments.

Back to the water and I soon noticed something was still not quite right, it seemed to be tracking to the left. So back to shore. I soon found that the pedals were set up one hole out of alignment, oops. Problem fixed and back out on the water. This is a machine, a little tippy but not too bad once I spend some more time in it I will be right. It just glides through the water!

Even got a pic while I was paddling out in the river.
Hopefully I will get some pics that the other club guys took as I was paddling.

After the paddle I stayed at the club and asked more questions on how to set up the yak for the Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment