Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Welcome

Hi All

This blog will track my training and preparation for my 2nd attempt at the Hawkesbury Classic. The Classic is a 111km kayak paddle along the Hawkesbury River from Windsor to Brooklyn. It is held under a full moon starting at 4pm on Saturday 23rd October 2010.

I attempted to do this last year in borrowed kayak and had to withdraw at the Wisemans Ferry pitstop, 10 hours and 65km and I could go no more.

This year with better training and a better kayak it will be all go to the finish at Brooklyn.

I have started this today as I finally get myself a decent kayak to do the classic in today. A Horizon Flyer, a 5.8m touring/race kayak. :)

My entry is in for this year and you can help me raise funds for the Arrow Bone Marrow Foundation. My aim this year is to raise $1000, so far $157 is raised and with another $43 my entry will be confirmed. There is a $200 sponsorship minimum for an entry to be confirmed.

2010 Hawkesbury Classic - Sponsor Grant Mascord

Will post some pics of the new kayak later this weekend. Will have my first paddle in it tomorrow morning @ Sutherland Shire Canoe Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment