Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Thursday, October 21, 2010

2 Sleeps until the Big Day!!

It is certainly getting close now. less than 48 hours until the 2010 Hawkesbury Classic. This week has certainly been a busy week with me wrapping up my secondment role at work and handing over to the newly employed OHS Advisor. I have been running around picking up the required stuff for the classic and is now all done. I have not packed the gear into bags as yet. I am going to do that tomorrow night.Can't do much more if I am not ready now I cant change anything so what you see is what you get.

I have set myself pretty conservative goals for the paddle, 14-15 hours is my aim, and honestly if all goes to plan I could probably beat 13. After last years DNF I just want to get to Brooklyn and am truly in the Brooklyn or Bust class. Once that box is ticked off maybe next year i will go for a time.

I had my last session of acupuncture on the glutes tonight and it certainly is good. I cant believe it took me this long to start having it done. I have also booked in for a rub down massage on Monday. The Physio is not sure that I will be able to make it in for it :)

On the sponsorship front, Thanks to all that have donated or bought Raffle tickets. I have reached my goal of $1000 raised. $741 online, 264 in raffle tickets & another $15 online to give a total at 8:50pm of $1020 raised. :)

The online sponsorship option may go off-line tomorrow as they lock it out pre-start. Last year it came back on on the Monday or Tuesday so if any of you are waiting to see if I complete the course you can still donate after the event. I will have the cash reciept books for a few weeks yet as well.

2 comments:

  1. Good onya Grant; we leave tomorrow to travel down to Windsor as it would be too far on the day to come from Newcastle. My mum was taken ill this week so I am down a land crew member now as Dad needs to stay withher at the hospital. Hope my 11yr old son can fill "pops" boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good news for your Mum, Hope she gets better soon. If you are wandering around the park on Saturday come and say Hi. I am Kayak #138 so it should be on it by lunchtime as we are going to get all the scruitineering done by then.

    ReplyDelete