Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oops no training today

Well what can I say, bed was too comfortable today and I could not get up early enought to meet the guys for our planned training paddle @ 0630 this morning. I did not set my alarm last night and when I woke up I really could not get it the rush to make it down to the river in time to meet them.

That said today has had a little success, I am in the process of planning a play-list for the I pod for the classic. If anyone out there has some ideas for what songs should be in my play list please let me know.

I think I may make the I pod part of the Sackville pit stop changes. That way I will have it for what is going to be no doubt the toughest part if this years classic. It will be a 4 hour+ fight against the tide to Wisemans Ferry. I also ordered Waterproof case and earbuds for the I Pod.

Other work that has been done is I have made an extra seat pad with cut outs for my butt cheeks to insert into the seat. I am going to trial it tomorrow morning. It may be good and prove an additional fix to the cramping and butt soreness that is becoming my biggest problem for the classic.

Oh well I will get out for a training paddle tomorrow, this event is getting ever closer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Good luck with the HCC. I completed it in 2008. Just wanted to offer some thoughts on the ipod and earphones based on my own experience.I also added them at Sackville. Leading up to my HCC I trialed both earphones and speakers. Decided to go with the earphones and sincerely regretted it...my personal experience was, that so many paddlers chat to you in passing and don't realise that you have them in, so I had to keep stopping to take it out (only put one in to try and stop this problem, but didn't work), to hear them, and answer them, even if it was just one sentence. I found this so frustrating, and in the dark I wanted to fully hear what was going on around me anyway. Really wish I had used speakers instead, and will absolutely go that way next year when I do it again. Just my 2 bobs worth....hope you have a great classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, I will certainly consider that as I had not thought of that problem, last year I was alone for most of the paddle and thought it would kill the boredom of the paddle to Wisemans from Sackville. I have a cheap speaker thingy but I think it will kill the battery in the ipod fast. I might see what is available this week to get.

    ReplyDelete