Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Paddles

What can I say, this weekend was a very good series of paddles. It started off with a 21km paddle on the Georges River Saturday morning followed by a 14km Night famil on the Hawkesbury & ended with another 11km on the Woronora yesterday. With less than 2 weeks until the classic it is all starting to fall into place.
Pre Start Briefing
The Saturday night paddle was great, as it was only 14km I went out hard and kept it for the entire paddle. I finished 6th out of the 25 or so paddlers, in 1 hour and 30min (or close to that, no official times as yet). Best part was the final 4km, staying with and then leading home a TK2 :) It shocked Rachelle & Tayla when I paddled over the line, they both thought I would take longer :)

14km done and pretty happy with it all


Saturday night was also a full run down on how to set the kayak up for the main event. I got some funny looks as my kayak looked set up for 111km and not the 14 we were doing. I had powerbars and the like taped to the deck I ad the maps placed the GPS, Compass, spare clothes, the lot all placed as if it was the real event.

Deck all set out

All set to go

1 comment: