Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, October 17, 2010

This time next week

This time next week I hope to be celebrating finishing the 2010 Hawkesbury Classic. The goal is 15 hours, I know it may be a little conservative but I really only want to finish, anything more is a bonus.

Tried to go for a paddle yesterday but the wind was just too much, I was doing 8km/h just being blown by the wind. It was even hard to paddle downwind as the wind would throw my stroke out. I planed to paddle to Alfords Point Bridge and return. I only got to the head of the Woronora River when I decided that this was too rough and not with either hurting myself or damaging the kayak. It had only taken me 15 minutes to get to here with the wind & tide. It took me almost 40 to get back against both, I dropped at one stage to 3.5km/h. I though I was back on my sit on top kayak :). Worst part was not over. I still had to manage to get the kayak on the car once more. It was tough, I had to wait until the wind gusts eased and then wrestle with it to get it up on the car.

About to go for a gentle run down paddle this morning and then it is a week of carb loading to make sure the energy levels are there for the classic next Saturday afternoon.

4pm next Saturday and the time to see if all the work that has been done is successful, begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment