Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paddle NSW Marathon Series Race 7 - Woronora River

Well Today is done and dusted, not the best outcome but I guess just starting was an achievement of sorts. I failed to complete the 20km race distance. Was not the perfect day as the wind came up and made it fairly hard work.
Out to the Start
The Start
Lap to out bound under Woronora Bridge


All was good until about 7.5km into the event and the cramps started to return. I had the new seat but had only temporarily installed it with duct tape. At the 10km mark they had not gone away and I decided that was that I was not going to gain anything from trying to go thru the pain as I was slowing markedly from my normal speed. I retired.

After I got back to the beach and walked around it was ok, I also found the seat had come unstuck and was now 3inches further back in the kayak than it was when I started, it may be the cause but it may not be too.
I will book a physiotherapy appointment this week and hopefully the whole problem will be identified and a treatment will be started to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment