Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wisemans Ferry to Spencer Famil Paddle

Another box ticked off.

Covered the distance in just under 3 hours with a little stop 10km from Spencer, more about that later. Paddle was ok still having a few little problems with cramping and the cramping was the cause of a quite funny situation 10km from the end today.

On the Cramping, it was starting to get uncomfortable so I decided to head to shore for a short stop, stretch it out and get back on with it. That was the plan anyway. I picked what looked like a small beach in the break from the mangroves. I beached and stepped out thinking the mud would settle soon. I was soon stuck fast up to my hips in the mud. Would have looked quite funny, After 10 minutes the SES sweep boat came over and gave me a hand getting out of the little sticking point I was in. I was now covered in mud and paddling once again, I got a second wind as I tried to catch back up to the kayaks that passed me whilst stuck. I was sitting on 11km/h &  I caught one out of the 2 that passed me.



Was very funny and all the guys had a laugh when I told them about it.

Another paddle planned for tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing the 32km paddle, you're doing very well .. keep it up.
    I admit, it was a little amusing to see you covered in mud when you got back :)

    ReplyDelete