Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Injury Update

Not as much paddling this weekend that I should have done but I have to treat this injury well so it is fixed forever. Only a 10km paddle today but it was a pretty intense one. I really pushed hard for the 5km back to the club. I gave everything I had and was knackered back at the beach. I did 10km, 5km out against the tide and then 5km back with it. 38 minutes to the turn and then 22 minutes back pushing hard with the tide also helping.

Seat worked well after I made a chock piece out of Tayla's old swimming bubble. Is only a temporary measure as I pick up the Horizon seat base that has no seat on it tomorrow, I can then fit the Bumfortable seat to that and I then have an adjustable extremely comfortable seat for my kayak.

Another physio session tomorrow too, so far in the 3 sessions the work being done has worked well. I am doing stretches every day and the results are coming. Hopefully this week will see the last of the regular sessions with Nestor (My Physiotherapist), will only need to go if I re-injure myself.

Last daytime famil next Saturday, Sackville to Wisemans ferry, a little over 30km and the last really big test before the Classic in just under 2 months time. Only a short night  time famil the week before the big day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment