Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, August 1, 2010

15km Paddle today.

After yesterday I thought today would be tough and I would not be able to do too much. I was still sore this morning when I got up and actually had to motivate myself to get down to the club.
Once at the club I was still a little tentative of the paddle we planned. 14km to the Needles upstream, with the tide there and fighting the tide back. Once on the water I was ok, in just on an hour we were sitting at the Needles eating Wendy's home made chocolates, yum.

Also thanks to Merle for taking some shots for me today. I finally have a few shots of the me actually in the kayak.
14km down and almost back to the clubhouse


Another bonus today was Col lending me his Stealth paddle, it makes so much difference!. I measured my paddle this afternoon, it is 230cm! way too long for marathon paddling. I have been told to get a paddle between 214 & 216 cm. If that is correct my paddle is over 15cm too long!!!! No wonder I am getting tired.

This afternoon I had to make a tough decision, I had to drill holes in my kayak. I have now fitted some saddles so that I can attach my bag to the front deck.

Bag fitted to front Deck


A few little tweaks to the kayak required this week before my big litmus test on Saturday, the Wisemans Ferry to Spencer familarisation paddle for the Hawkesbury Classic, just over 30km.

No comments:

Post a Comment