Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great morning Paddle

Took the chance for a morning paddle today and went down and did The Needles and return. Great place for a paddle. Also trialed a proogram i downloaded for my Nokia phone called Sports tracker. It isa a program that not only tracks you training but also logs it on GPS. I get a full report and best of all it is free. It also is very easy to look and see where I paddled well and where I was having a breather.

Todays paddle stats
11.93km
1 hour 25 minutes
Average Speed 8.35km/h
Peak speed 12.1 km/h

Sports Tracker - My Paddle today

Will hit the water or the gym tomorrow depending on the weather.

5 comments:

  1. HI Grant, Well done I check your progress regularly. I am doing the Hawkesbury Classic this year for the first time. I paddled 12.8 today in 1hr 46min first half was against the tide turned around at 1hr took only 46 mins to return the same distance. Gonna have to watch those currents!
    Regards
    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are kayak you paddling Glenn? I tried a Australis Salamander last year. Upgraded to the Horizon Flyer for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Point 65 Crunch RockeT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Kayak. Have you done any of the famil paddles so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I live in Newcastle and have kids etc. I paddle several times a week mostly or do some thing else to make up for missed days. Usually I do about 20klms in a session I did one at 45klms took me 7.5hours but I was stuffed at the end.

    ReplyDelete