Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Monday, September 13, 2010

Paddle on Sunday

Did not get on the water on Saturday due to having to work on my TAFE assessment and going to the State rail auctions. I went bright and early Sunday and tried out the new seat config with the seat base I had made by Horizon Kayaks. Started off with a short paddle to the last house on the Wonnie upstream and then turned to the head of the river and back to the clubhouse,a little over 10km. I then went a short series of short paddle playing around with the paddle config as I was not feeling I was paddling effectively. After a few trial I have gone back to 212cm paddle. It feels good. Funny how last year I was paddling the same event with a 220cm flat blade paddle! I then went back to the beach and fiddled with the seat and rudder pedals as it looked like I was dragging the bum of the kayak in the water. Went one hole forward with the seat and rudder pedals and it felt better immediately, I went back out and had another paddle, a short 5km. I worked it like a sprint session doing 200m paddle flat out and then resting for a minute, another 200m resting. It felt great and best of all no pain in the hammys.

Had another Physio session today and worked the right hammy as the left now is pretty good. Down to 2 sessions a week.

40 Days to go until the Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment