Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sackville to Wisemans Ferry Famil paddle



What can I say I am elated to paddle as well as I did today. Sure it still is not quite up to speed time wise and the cramping pain is still causing me grief but I have to think of the positives. I paddled today's famil 1 HOUR faster than last year! Sure I did it last year in the Wavedance Kingfisher but it was still a registered time. I did it today in 3 hours and 40 minutes. We had the tide with us for the start, due to the start being a little late it meant that for around the final hour we had to fight the tide.
Pre Start


It was a tough slog for the final 8km when the tide turned and the Wind picked up to blow straight in my face.

The cramping problems were still evident but were also better than last time. More Physio required but the results so far are pointing to the right direction. Cramps did not become a problem until after the 2 hour/20km mark and were not as bad a previous paddles.
The finish

Should have gone harder, carrying out of the water too easily :)
In other news there was a misunderstanding when I ordered the modified seat deck for the Bumfortable seat and it was not ready last Monday, on the way home today they rang to say it was ready, pick it up Monday.

Everything is now staring to fall into place for this years effort to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment