Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, July 11, 2010

13 km Paddle upstream Woronora River

Went down the club this morning not knowing whether to paddle or not on hearing about Peter's death. When I got down there one of the guys said to me just go and have a paddle that is what Peter would have wanted.

I went upstream from the club for the first time. A group had headed up there about 20 minutes ahead of me. After about 6km upstream, fighting the run out tide. I caught up to them. We then turned and paddled back to the club. On the way back I tried a wing paddle, wow what a difference. Will definitely be the next purchase.

In the end just on 13km paddle today, will start to ramp up the distances in the coming weeks.

Back at the club it was pretty sombre with people learning of Peter's death and recalling funny things that he did on the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment