Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, July 4, 2010

First paddle of any distance

Hit the water at the club this morning for another paddle, this time I planned to go out for an hour or so. Today was to be the first use of the skirt in the kayak. I had been worried that I would fall out while struggling to fit it to the kayak.
Skirt went on quickly and easily, I was away and was dry too! :) I was soon on the Woranora River working my way to where the river meets the Georges River. Fighting the run out tide it took me 45 minutes to do the 6.8km to the Como Bridge. I turned at that point and with the tide it was a blur getting back to the Club at the Woranora Bridge in just on 25 minutes. This Kayak is fast!!!

Have to work on my fitness overall as I am feeling it a little this afternoon. Gym Session tomorrow.

110 days until the Classic.

Also gave the kayak a polish, should be even faster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment