Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Saturday, July 31, 2010

28km Today Woronora to Picnic Point and return

Went out with the regular Sutherland Marathon paddlers today in a paddle from Woronora Boat ramp to Picnic Point and return, Just on 28km.
Was a tough paddle when one of the guys was showing me a few drills to increase my confidence in the stability of the kayak. I failed and capsized, my first capsize in the Flyer! Wont be the last!
Silly me had not tied the GPS into my Jacket and it fell out. I though it was lost only to see it floating close by. Garmin Etrex's Float! :)
That was just before halfway and it took a little out of me and I struggled on the return trip.  Was fighting the tide for the return up the Georges River. Then when we had the tide helping the Southerly change hit and it was tough yet again. I got back to the boat ramp in just over 4 hours for the 28km.

Out to the club tomorrow for a small paddle, maybe 15km. Could be a little sore in the morning. I have to fix the seat problems in the Flyer, my bum is cramping up :(

No comments:

Post a Comment