Horizon Flyer

Horizon Flyer
The weapon that will see me attempt the 2010 Classic

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oatley Park & Return Paddle

Had a really good paddle this morning, borrowed a Stealth Paddle and it was amazing how much more efficient it was. Will have to look at getting one soon.

I had the GPS with me today, pity the batteries did not last the 2 hours on the water and went flat. When we got to Oatley we had a short break, I checked the figures at this point and it had the Peak speed of 13.5km/h (that is slick).

Yet another learning curve on the Kayak. Had a few close calls negotiating the power boat wakes but got through them all without any capsizes.

Col, one of the other members on the way back to the club said to me "have you paddled around the Island?" I said no and then we had a go at it at a very low tide. Needless to say I had to walk a part of it due to the water being 6" deep :)

Everyone back at the club had a laugh about it. Responses were mostly "you dont try that at low tide"

Not sure on the paddle next weekend as the club AGM & Tayla's birthday is going to take up most of the weekend. I will get one but not sure of it being of any length.

No comments:

Post a Comment